If you live in Monroe, MI, motorcycle insurance is a legal requirement.
You will find a number of distinct sorts of insurance policy coverage that insurance companies tend to recommend. These types of coverages normally include:
- Bodily Injury Liability
- Property Damage Liability Limit
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage
- Collision Coverage
- Comprehensive Coverage
For bikes that are leased or financed, full coverage motorcycle insurance is often required. Talk with your loan company for more information.
State Minimums For Motorcycle Insurance
In the state of Michigan, liability coverage is the absolutely mandatory type of insurance for motorcycles. Liability insurance safeguards you in financial terms when you are judged to be culpable for injuries or destruction to a third party.
- $20,000: bodily injury liability maximum for anyone injured in an accident
- $40,000: bodily injury liability maximum for injuries to all parties in one incident
- $10,000: property-damage liability maximum for a single accident
Just remember that standard motorcycle liability protection will not protect the rider, the motorcycle, or anyone riding two-up. Nope, it only covers your legal exposure.